Membership in Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is mandatory for all overseas Filipino workers (OFWs). All OWWA members are covered by life insurance and other social benefits implemented by OWWA.
The On-Site Membership Program is an enrolment or registration scheme for OFWs who are in the work destinations. It shall cover the following:
- OFWs whose OWWA membership had expired; and
- OFWs who enroll as first-time members, provided they are gainfully employed overseas at the time of registration.
The following are the requirements for OWWA enrolment/registration:
- Copy of passport (page showing photo and personal data)
- Proof of employment such as work contract/permit, employment offer, pay slip, certificate of employment from the company/employer, company identification card, and/or other relevant evidence of employment;
- Accomplished Balik-Manggagawa Information Sheet; and
- US$25 membership fee.
OWWA enrolment/registration may be done personally at the POLO, Philippine Embassy, 1600 Massachusetts Ave. NW, Washington DC 20036 or via mail.
If via mail, the OFW should include a self-addressed/stamped return envelope. For security purposes, the payment should be in money order payable to “OWWA”.