The Embassy receives and processes applications for ePassports, which in turn is sent to the Department of Foreign Affairs in Manila for printing and issuance. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for the entire process up to release of passport to applicant.
All Filipino citizens applying for passports with the Philippine Embassy/ will no longer need to submit photographs, as their picture, together with their fingerprints and signature, will be taken on-site. This means that all passport applicants, regardless of age, are henceforth required to appear personally.
- Personal appearance
- Duly accomplished application form
- Report of Birth in Security Paper (SECPA) issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)
- Photocopy of visa issued/ work permit/ residence ID card
- Foreign Passport
- Passport Fee: USD 60
- Other Supporting Document as necessary
In Case of No Birth Record:
- Original birth certificate with English translation and legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs where the child was born. Submit 3 photocopies.
- Original report of marriage with English translation and legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs where marriage took place. Submit 3 photocopies. If marriage took place in a country other than Argentina, Bolivia, Paraguay and Uruguay, the marriage contract should be issued by PSA.
- Four photocopies of each parent´s passport
- Four duly accomplished Report of Birth Form
- Affidavit of Delayed Registration of Birth
- Four photocopies of birth certificate of parents
- Four photocopies of local identification documents such as DNI/Cedula, passport and driver´s license.
For Married Women:
- Marriage Contract (MC) in Security Paper (SECPA) issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority(PSA)
- Report of Marriage issued by PSA if married abroad
Applicants who availed of Dual Citizenship under RA 9225:
- Identification Certificate of Retention or Re-acquisition
- Oath of Allegiance
- Order of Approval
Applicants who elected Philippine Citizenship:
- Identification Certificate of Election
- Oath of Allegiance
- Affidavit of Election of Philippine Citizenship
Applicants who has been Naturalized:
- Identification Certificate of Naturalization
- Oath of Allegiance
For Minor Applicants (below 18 years old):
- Personal appearance of the minor applicant
- Personal appearance of either parent and valid passport of parents (if minor is a legitimate child)
- Personal appearance of mother and valid passport of mother (if minor is an illegitimate child)
- Original Birth Certificate of minor in Security Paper issued by PSA. Report of Birth duly authenticated by PSA is required if minor was born abroad.
- Document of identity with photo, if minor is 8-17 years old (for first time and renewal applicant).
- Marriage Certificate of minor’s parents issued by PSA (for legitimate child)
- Original and photocopy of valid passport of the person traveling with the minor
If minor is not traveling with either parent or alone
- Personal appearance of either parent (if minor is a legitimate child) / of mother (if minor is an illegitimate child)
- Affidavit of Support and Consent (ASC) executed by either parent indicating the name of the traveling companion and relationship to the minor. If minor will be traveling alone, ASC must be executed by either parent, stating that his/her child will be traveling alone. If minor is illegitimate, mother should execute the ASC.
If minor is illegitimate but acknowledged by father:
- Birth Certificate from PSA reflecting surname of father with Affidavit of Acknowledgement and Consent to use the surname of father
Minor applicant whose parents are annulled / divorced:
- Court order awarding guardianship of the minor applicant or substitute parental authority
- PSA Marriage Certificate with annotation on nullity or annulment decree
Minor applicant whose mother is likewise a minor:
- Personal appearance of mother and maternal grandparent/s
- PSA Birth Certificate of minor applicant and mother
- Affidavit of Support and Consent executed by the maternal grandparent/s indicating the name of the traveling companion
- Proof of identity of mother and maternal grandparent/s
Applicant may apply for PSA Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate or Death Certificate on-line at www.e-census.com.ph.